Labiaplasty - Procedure Overview, Cost, And Recovery
Do you experience intense discomfort or pain when you ride your bicycle? Do you pull away immediately while trying to get intimate? Are you experiencing struggles with yoga pants? Are you experiencing low self-confidence, physical discomfort, or embarrassment because of excessively large or uneven labia? If your answers are in the affirmative, it is time for you to know more about labiaplasty surgery, a vaginal rejuvenation procedure, which focuses on reshaping or reducing the labia minora or the inner vaginal lips.
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- What is labiaplasty?
- Who can consider labiaplasty surgery?
- What is the Procedure?
- Results and Recovery
- Cost of Labiaplasty in Delhi
1. What is Labiaplasty?
Labiaplasty or vaginal rejuvenation is a short, simple, low-risk, and minimally invasive plastic surgery procedure that involves modifications of the labia minora (inner lips).
The benefits of labiaplasty surgery include:
- Higher Levels of Sexual Confidence: Labiaplasty surgery allows the vagina to be streamlined and appear fresh and it is because of this reason that women who have experienced multiple childbirths or those having elongated and stretched vaginal lips opt for this procedure.
- Increased Comfort: Wearing certain forms of clothing may be uncomfortable if the inner or outer vaginal lips are over-sized. Tight-fitted undergarments, fitted jeans, and swimsuits may place excess pressure on the vulva that can result in rashes, abrasions, and other problems. Labiaplasty surgery can help alleviate these and many more health complications.
2. Who Can Consider Labiaplasty Surgery?
Labiaplasty surgery may be performed if the labia is too long or if the labia is longer than the outer labia or if labia majora is longer than the labia minora.
The ideal candidates for labiaplasty surgery include women who:
- Are of 18 years of age or older (patients younger than 18 with significant irregularities may be considered under exceptional circumstances)
- Are experiencing physical discomfort while exercising, sitting, or having intercourse
- Are self-conscious because of labial appearance or size
- Have labial tears because of childbirth
- Are experiencing the “ruffled edge” outside the vagina
- Are experiencing irritation or discomfort as a result of overly large labia minora or labia majora
- Have realistic expectations about labiaplasty surgery and the final results that the surgery will help them achieve
3. What is The Procedure?
Primarily, there are two types of labiaplasty procedures to address the labia minora.
- Edge Resection: This procedure is performed under local or general anaesthesia and involves trimming of labia's "excess" protruding edges.
- Wedge Resection: This procedure is performed under local or general anaesthesia and involves the maintenance of the original labial edges by making cuts on the wedge-shaped slivers of skin out of the labia minora's central region to bring the remaining skin together with dissolvable sutures.
4. Results and Recovery :-
The genital area is extremely sensitive and therefore proper care is highly recommended after labiaplasty surgery. It is important for you to follow certain tips and precautions:
- It is important to avoid long showers. Moreover, you should always make a habit to pat the "treated area" dry every time after having a shower. You should avoid putting water on the "treated area" for at least 48 hours after surgery as soaking may cause premature dissolving of the delicate suture material.
- It is important to walk around by taking a few laps around the house. This will reduce swelling and the risk for blood clots. Remember, rest is essential for recovery and so is walking around.
- Patients should take anti-inflammatory drugs, pain-relieving medications, and antibiotics as directed by the surgeon. This will help in managing pain, inflammation, discomfort, and soreness.
- It is important to avoid running, riding bikes, and other strenuous and physical activities for 6-8 weeks. This is because a premature return to the activities causing pressure on the wounds may delay the healing process.
- It is important not to engage in sexual intercourse for at least 4-6 weeks.
- Patients should avoid wearing tight undergarments or clothing as they may result in friction against the wound.
- It is important for the body to heal itself by feeding it with lots of vitamins and minerals. Patients should avoid junk food and must stick to protein, fresh fruits, and vegetables. It is equally important to stay hydrated by consuming 10-16 glasses of water every day.
- Patients should avoid nicotine and alcohol.
- A lubricant will be recommended by the surgeon and the patient should use it to keep the sutures moist for the first 2-3 weeks to avoid drying out of the "treated area" and scab formation. It is important to have your hands cleaned before you start with the lubrication process.
- Don't let the above instructions worry you. With good care, you can expect better outcomes.
Recovery may vary from person to person and women can make a return to normal activities 4-6 weeks after the labiaplasty surgery.
5. Cost of Labiaplasty in Delhi :-
The labiaplasty surgery cost in Delhi is approximately INR 40000-60000though it may vary. The labiaplasty surgery cost in Delhi is dependent on many factors such as the expertise of the surgeon, the general and overall health of the patient, type of procedure performed, medications, the success rate and reputation of the clinic, etc.
Labiaplasty surgery can be an excellent choice for women who are in pain or feel comfortable because of enlarged labia folds. Labiaplasty surgery can help you start enjoying confidence and a better quality of life. You can expect to embrace sexual intimacy, life, and a whole new wardrobe after labiaplasty surgery.
It is important for you to choose a reputed medical facility and enquire about the labiaplasty procedure and labiaplasty cost. You should make a visit to the surgeon's office and ask for the labiaplasty procedure before and after pictures to gain a clear and complete understanding of what to expect after the labiaplasty surgery.
If you want to know if you are a good candidate for labiaplasty surgery, you can have a word with ANAYSHA Aesthetics now to schedule a consultation with a qualified surgeon.
At ANAYSHA Aesthetics, the best plastic surgery clinic in Delhi, you will get the best labiaplasty treatment according to your concern and you will get the right treatment at affordable costs.