Rhinoplasty: What To Expect Before And After A ‘Nose Job’?
Are you unhappy or get self-conscious with the appearance of your nose or want to correct a birth defect or breathing problems? If your answer is a yes, it's time for you to gain insights about Rhinoplasty, also referred to as nose reshaping or nose job.
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- What is the goal of a nose job/rhinoplasty?
- How to prepare yourself for Rhinoplasty?
- What does the procedure look like?
- What to expect after the surgery?
- Cost of Rhinoplasty surgery in Delhi
1. What is the goal of a nose job/rhinoplasty?
People usually opt for rhinoplasty if they are not happy or get self-conscious with the appearance of their nose. Rhinoplasty may also be chosen to repair the nose after a severe injury or to correct breathing issues or a birth defect. The surgeon may make the following changes during Rhinoplasty:
- A change in the size of the nose
- A change in angle of the nose
- Straightening of the bridge
- Narrowing of the nostrils
- Reshaping of the nose tip
Rhinoplasty can be useful for treating:
- The size of the nose according to facial balance
- The width of the nose at the bridge or in the position and/or size of the nostrils
- Nose profile with depressions or visible humps on the bridge
- Nasal asymmetry
- Nostrils that are wide, upturned, or large
- Nasal tip that is bulbous or enlarged, hooked, upturned, or drooping
You may be a good candidate for rhinoplasty if:
- You are in good general and overall health
- You have realistic expectations and a positive outlook regarding the improvement of your appearance
- Your facial growth is complete
- You don't smoke
- You are above the age of 15 (for girls and women) or above 20 (for boys and men) unless a severe nose complication requires rhinoplasty
2. How to prepare yourself for Rhinoplasty?
It is important for you to perform comprehensive research about the rhinoplasty procedure, its pros and cons, what to expect, rhinoplasty before and after pictures, the best clinic for rhinoplasty surgery in Delhi, after care, and it's cost in India. After you have performed your research, it will be time to schedule an appointment with your surgeon to find out if you are a good candidate for a nose job (rhinoplasty). During the consultation, you should ask the surgeon to provide answers to all doubts, concerns, or queries about rhinoplasty surgery in Delhi.
The surgeon will evaluate your medical history and ask you questions about the medications and medical conditions you are presently having or diagnosed with. In case you are suffering from haemophilia (a disorder that results in excessive bleeding), the surgeon may recommend against any elective surgery. The surgeon will then perform a physical examination to closely look at the skin inside and outside the nose to find out what kind of alterations can be made. The surgeon may recommend blood or other laboratory tests.
The surgeon will also evaluate whether any additional surgery such as chin augmentation is also required by the patient or required at the same time. Thereafter, the surgeon will capture some photographs of the nose from different angles to assess the results of the surgery in the long term. The surgeon will ask you to stop making the use of painkillers including aspirin or ibuprofen for 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after rhinoplasty. At this stage, the patient must also disclose the use of all medications and supplements being taken presently so that the surgeon can make recommendations of whether or not to continue using them. The surgeon will ask you to abstain from nicotine and alcohol.
3. What does the procedure look like?
You can avail of the nose job or rhinoplasty procedure in an outpatient surgical facility, a doctor's office, or a hospital. The doctor will administer general or local anaesthesia. The surgeon will then make incisions inside or between the nostrils to separate the skin from your bone or cartilage and then the surgeon will start reshaping the nose. If the new nose requires a marginal or additional amount of cartilage, the surgeon will remove some from the ear or deep inside the nose. A bone graft or an implant may be suggested if more cartilage is required. The entire procedure usually takes about 1-2 hours.
4. What to expect after the surgery?
- The surgeon may place a metal or plastic splint on the nose after successful completion of the rhinoplasty surgery. It will help the nose retain its new appearance and shape while healing.
- Nasal packs or splints may also be placed by the surgeon inside the nostrils to stabilise the septum, a part of the nose between the nostrils.
- Thereafter, you'll be constantly monitored by a medical professional for a few hours after the surgery in a recovery room.
- If there are no complications, the surgeon will allow you to leave the hospital. It is recommended that you should have a responsible adult accompanying you as the effects of anaesthesia may impair your driving.
- You will be asked to rest with the head elevated above the chest to minimise or avoid the occurrence of swelling or bleeding.
- The surgeon may recommend a drip band to absorb mucus and blood.
- You will be asked to avoid excessive chewing, blowing the nose, swimming, strenuous physical activities, vigorous tooth brushing, pulling clothing over the head, and avoid sun exposure.
Patients can expect to make a return to school or work in a week's time. Complete healing and recovery may take about 6-8 weeks.
5. Cost of Rhinoplasty surgery in Delhi :-
Rhinoplasty surgery in India may cost you approximately INR 75,000-2,00,000 though it may vary. The rhinoplasty cost (Delhi) depends upon a number of factors such as the success rate of the clinic, reputation of the surgeon, type of procedure, the extent of nose changes required, etc.
Rhinoplasty is a specialised procedure and therefore you should only trust a reputed, experienced, and successful rhinoplasty surgeon.
At ANAYSHA Aesthetics in Delhi, you will get the best solutions according to your concern and at an affordable cost.